Why do we need Jesus?
Jesus is God!
He came to save YOU!
We believe that God created the world, and He is perfect and holy and just. He desires to be in a relationship with each one of us, but our sin(the bad things we think, do or say) separates us from Him.
• "But your iniquities have separated you from your God; and your sins have hidden His face from you, so that He will not hear." Isaiah 59:2
We believe every person has sinned(think, do or say bad stuff). No one is holy or "good enough" to stand in the presence of God.
• "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23
Our sin brings upon us a punishment. That punishment is death and eternal separation from God.
• "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23
We can try to make our own way to God, by being a "good person" and trying to do good things for others, but nothing we can ever do on our own will erase our sin.
"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast." Ephesians 2:8-9
But God loves us so much that He provided the solution, the way for our sins( our bad stuff) to be wiped away. He did this while we were still sinners, still choosing to live our lives our own way instead of His way.
• "For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." 2 Corinthians 5:21
• "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8
We believe that Jesus is God.
• "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made." John 1:1-3
We believe that Jesus was born to a virgin, lived a perfect, sinless life, and then He willingly chose death on a cross, to make the payment for my sin and yours.
• "And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth." John 1:14
• "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16
We believe that God raised Jesus from the dead after three days, and He now sits at the right of God in heaven, waiting for His time to return for His people, all those who believe in Him.
• "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." Romans 10:9
Becoming a Christian
If you are ready to take a step of faith and admit that you are a sinner and that Jesus Christ came to save you by dying on a cross for your sin, then we believe you can invite Him to come into your life as Lord and Savour right now.
• "For 'whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.'" Romans 10:13
If you've just made a decision to follow Christ as your Lord, and Saviour, congratulations! You have been made new! Tell someone you care about today!
(And call us to let us know, too! 01530 836695 or email us: email@example.com )
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new." 2 Corinthians 5:17 A
Prayer to help you receive Jesus into your heart and Life:
Lord Jesus, I do confess and agree that I have sinned.
I say, do and think things which are wrong.
I do ask you to come into my life,
I need a Saviour,
I need you Lord Jesus.
Forgive me my sins, through what you did for me on the cross, come and live in my heart and my life.
Please be my Saviour and Lord.
Thank you Lord Jesus, that you have forgiven me, that You love me and that you are Lord of my life.